Headlight Switch

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for the headlight switch for our trucks? From conversation at the other site, it sounds like mine is giving me flickering light fits and needs replacement.

Thank you,

Mike

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see that we don't have it in the parts bin. When you get it, I'll add it there.

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are having problems with the switch and are going to replace their are 2 mods that are worth while doing. One is the headlites, and the other is the running lites. It requires wiring in relays, if you need info on how to do post and I will give the info

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deanj said:
If you are having problems with the switch and are going to replace their are 2 mods that are worth while doing. One is the headlites, and the other is the running lites. It requires wiring in relays, if you need info on how to do post and I will give the info

Thanks, deanj... I found that info on TDS... will probably do those mods a little later if and when I have more time.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, get back to work on that "thesis"!!! How many times do I hafta tell you?:D The headlight switch can be bought at autoparts store for lots less than the Stealership. I grew up in Santa Cruz, just across the bay there. Am I gonna hafta call some old buddies to "sit on yer ass" to get that "thesis" done? OkieGringo

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Be prepared to replace the pigtail. Most every one of those I have ever done had the brown wire melted in the plastic connector. If I remember right Napa sells them pretty resonable. You need to splice the unit in though. I saw an article by Agnem about the relay. That is the best and simplest idea I have seen. Well worth it.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magoo said:
I saw an article by Agnem about the relay. That is the best and simplest idea I have seen. Well worth it.
Just curious...what,where more details. :confused:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ray, I believe he is referencing one of the articles in our technical library sub forum.

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=9148

Try that. Not sure how the link thing is done. Mel, I am talking about the article you did. Heat light relay. Apparently you have run into that problem yourself of the wires melting the plastic connector on the back of the switch. I see it alot when folks scotch lok trailer wiring into the tail lights rather than the sometimes provided trailer wiring harness, then hang a gizzilion lights on it. Any way. Great idea. Going to use it myself.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the wiring diagram for the headlights...sorry it is a link to "over there "...one of these days I'll move all my pics to Web Shots. Anyways.....
Clicky here

Good luck!

Fred Hemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the mods first

Mikes91 said:
Thanks, deanj... I found that info on TDS... will probably do those mods a little later if and when I have more time.

Do the relay mod first and forget the headlite switch !Mine was flickering like yours and I did the mods and never looked back!Replace the plugs at the lights if they are burnt too.Leave the switch alone till you do the mods you likly won't need to replace it!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, get back to work on that "thesis"!!! How many times do I hafta tell you?:D The headlight switch can be bought at autoparts store for lots less than the Stealership. I grew up in Santa Cruz, just across the bay there. Am I gonna hafta call some old buddies to "sit on yer ass" to get that "thesis" done? OkieGringo

ahahahahaha. Believe me, I have enough stress trying to get this piece of work done. No finish, no graduate. eh?

Gonna study up on the headlight mod tonight...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online