Headlight relay kit

Reaction score
I'm using the LMC kit. It's been in for a little over a year now and still doing fine. Some have complained the relays provided are not that great and are difficult to find replacements for, though.

Mike

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from rjm injection, however there site seems to be down....I know Eric on here, I forget his username, had trouble last year trying to get a harness from them which leads me to think they went belly up?

Anyway from my research the rjm harness is better quality then the lmc, the harness is longer thicker gauge wire I believe the relays are also better quality and it is fused. There is also instructions in the tech articles on how to make the setup yourself

Iirc I payed around $70USD

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
The kit doesnt seem to be too pricey, only 30 dollars, and 5 dollars for a replacement relay, Id say buy 2 extra when you order, keep them in the glove box next to your spare blinker relay, and be done with it, Total investment 50shipped

youngunbd

Reaction score

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do the headlight relay upgrade with a standard bulb/lens, will you notice a significant increase in brightness or do you have to upgrade the bulbs to really get the benefit?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I noticed significant increase in brightness between factory wiring with superstar bulbs and relays with superstar bulbs. and I havent burnt up a headlight switch since the mod

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I got mine from rjm injection, however there site seems to be down....I know Eric on here, I forget his username, had trouble last year trying to get a harness from them which leads me to think they went belly up?

Anyway from my research the rjm harness is better quality then the lmc, the harness is longer thicker gauge wire I believe the relays are also better quality and it is fused. There is also instructions in the tech articles on how to make the setup yourself

Iirc I payed around $70USD

Yup. Waited I think like 2 or 3 months on them...not a single word from them. Ended up just cancelling the order. Still haven't got around to doing the relays.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's far to simple and cheap of a mod to buy a kit.basically all you need to do is cut off one supply line to a bulb from the switch (either side) then join them together running wires across the front where the cross over battery cable runs.
now that their joined together and the one side capped off,simply install relays between the low beam wire and the joined headlights.do it again for the high beam.it's like an hour job and easy.full instructions are posted but a little over written imho and make it appear to be a larger job than it really is.

basically.once you join the lights together from the switch and if you can read and copy this:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...fan-blower-problem-relay_pins_no_mfg_info.gif

then you can figure it out yourself and save the $.if that diagram looks French to you then you can't do it,then buy the kit.

Last edited:

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case it will help anybody, I found these for when I do the relay mod this summer: http://www.cycleterminal.com/headlight-connectors.html

The H4 extra duty ceramic one they have is what I will be using. I like that they come as just the connector, since I wanted to use my own wire to colour-code the system.

Also they're cheap. Why use the crappy AutoZone ones, or stock ones, when you can get a pair of these bad boys for $7?

EDIT: Didn't see most of you guys are Bricknose/OBS, so that connector isn't of much use. Still, awesome for any of use Bullnose owners.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I did this on my IH and it helped greatly. Anyone with a brick nose do a writeup, or parts list? Just reuse the old headlight connectors?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online