Has anyone installed a sunroof?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm looking at the sunroof in my Mercedes 126 parts car, this thing is huge! I don't know if the curvature is close enough, but I keep thinking this would be awsome in a 4 door bronco :sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Does it leak..... You may end up with it leaking if you try to install it in your rig. I personally wont have any sunrof because of the possibility of leaks....

pafixitman

Reaction score
I'm looking at the sunroof in my Mercedes 126 parts car, this thing is huge! I don't know if the curvature is close enough, but I keep thinking this would be awsome in a 4 door bronco :sly

Make sure you take and post pics of the install. Personally, I would change it over from vacuum operated...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Something tells me you'd be better off with an aftermarket sunroof that just lifts than trying to do a receeding sunroof from a different vehicle.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Does it leak..... You may end up with it leaking if you try to install it in your rig. I personally wont have any sunrof because of the possibility of leaks....

Sunroofs don't leak, plugged drains leak ;Sweet I got a car that the PO had tried everything to fix the leak, new seals, duct tape over the top, liquid silicone, all I ever do is clean the 4 drains out and wala!

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed new sunroof kits but never a used one from a totally different vehicle to another. Pardon the term but I wouldn't have the nuts to cut a hole in my crew cab roof hoping it will work. If you do it, document it with PICS too.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
This all got started as I tried to figure out how to graft a crew cab roof to a Bronco roof neatly, the ridges in a CC roof are difficult to glide into the Bronco back half, I thought of using the smooth roof of an extended cab, I've considered a moon roof, but I'd like a factory looking install.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well being the factory didnt offer a sunroof/moonroof till the superdytys, it will be hard to have a factory look

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Sorry to confuse, I want it to be a clean install that does not look hacked in, if you know it wasn't a factory option you'll know, but if you don't you wont.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its on my list of things to do. envision taking the whole roof panel out of donor and grafting into Clyde

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This all got started as I tried to figure out how to graft a crew cab roof to a Bronco roof neatly, the ridges in a CC roof are difficult to glide into the Bronco back half, I thought of using the smooth roof of an extended cab, I've considered a moon roof, but I'd like a factory looking install.

If you are already in that deep, then you have the skills to do whatever.

That being said, what is really :thumbsup: and what I would like to see you do, is to graft the roof of an Oldsmobille Vista-Cruiser station-wagon onto this vehicle and then put the sun-roof in that.

A guy up the road was famous for grafting Vista-Cruiser roofs onto 4-door Chevy 1-tons for the horse-trailer crowd that could afford such things.

You talk about head-room; Hoss Cartwright didn't have to remove his hat to ride in those. ;Sweet

DragRag

Reaction score
I have a very nice after market sunroof in my 92' crew cab. If you want to see it come and take a look when you come and get some sheet metal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online