has anyone done a OBS dash conversion in their brick nose?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the more i dive into this 89 gasser conversion to PSD, the more i want to swap the dash out to an OBS.

it would make using everything OBS alot easier to plug and play.

or would it even fit??

when i bought the wiring for my MANchero, i completely gutted a 96 F250, may just go buy everything thats sitting in the truck i tore apart..

what are your thoughts and opinions?

You must be registered for see images attach

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a difference in the mounting to do with the firewall and the steering column. But it can be done.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBS dashes look better but will disintegrate over time. Very few OBS owners have intact FSV switches. They also require the alu substructure installed in order for the pedals and steering column to work. Bricknose dashes otoh are ugly but don't fall apart. guess that's the beauty in ugly.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also require the alu substructure installed in order for the pedals and steering column to work.

i know exactly what you mean.
this is the one i started modding for the MANchero.

i should beable to devise a way to mount the column on the 87-91 pedal assembly.
the only thing is that the OBS column is not a full length column like ours, so some custom stuff is gonna have to be done.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you know, if you are energetic and have the time and patience, anything can be done.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could swap in a whole host of OBS goodies - column, pedal box, steering shaft, the aluminum bracket-y stuff, etc. :dunno

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and, the shell almost fits....

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
OBS dashes look better but will disintegrate over time. Very few OBS owners have intact FSV switches. They also require the alu substructure installed in order for the pedals and steering column to work. Bricknose dashes otoh are ugly but don't fall apart. guess that's the beauty in ugly.

Hater...

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're short on parts, I have the whole interior out of a OBS power stroke.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIOT I think you may end up swapping all the major wiring and dash with the column, pedal box etc. I saw a post one time where someone mixed OBS dash with brick cab and there was a lot of mods to get it all done. Easily achievable for a fabricator such as yourself, but I'm thinking you'll need a complete firewall and dash assembly from an OBS to rob brackets and placements from.

I've got a 93 and an 89 and it's amazing to me how much the firewalls changes on these two cabs considering the rest looks identical sheet metal wise.

- Jeremy

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm.....did ton research pics etc...somewhere in one of my threads....may search...shows all structural points..mounting etc and differences...

U can do it but wow...

Could gut the grey interior obs here but shipping be stupid...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDIOT I think you may end up swapping all the major wiring and dash with the column, pedal box etc.

thats what prompted this mod, this is a 460 to PSD swap. need to use the cluster out of a 96.
i want everything plug n play. i have most of the HVAC crap we shall see how it goes!

Uhm.....did ton research pics etc...somewhere in one of my threads....may search...shows all structural points..mounting etc and differences...

U can do it but wow...

Could gut the grey interior obs here but shipping be stupid...

i have access to most of the stuff, luckily these are plentiful, and i can use gasser parts as well.
ill look for that thread, remember the name of it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
440wagon

Staff online