Happy days!! Baby Moose coming to FL!!

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy to say i have spoke to Mel (Agnem)-Conestoga Diesel, and have an order in for a Baby Moose, set of BB injectors and return line kit.. Money is in the mail as of today.... Am so looking forward to getting the parts and getting some life back into my truck.. Just wanted to share a little excitement!!

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will feel a huge diffrence once you get the new pump on.
Winter haven isnt too far from me. I may...be getting a ferret timing adapter sometime in the beginning of the year I'll
contact you if I do.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WORTH THE MONEY! on a side note. his instructions say to not remove the timing cover. I found it darn near impossible not to... so i did.. I just marked the area behind the cover with a marker so i knew where to put the gear back on, and i had no issues. You just have to be precise

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WORTH THE MONEY! on a side note. his instructions say to not remove the timing cover. I found it darn near impossible not to... so i did.. I just marked the area behind the cover with a marker so i knew where to put the gear back on, and i had no issues. You just have to be precise

This method is not the preferred method and highly NOT RECOMMENDED. As difficult as it can be at times, the best method is to leave IP cover and gear alone not changing them one bit, and with no chance of change either.

JM2CW, and I suspect the collective would concur.

Al

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ip pulled out pretty easy even when the shaft pulled out of the front (due to a bad reman), you can do it just take your time.
I would take gonecrazyi up on his offer he showed me how to do mine and helped me get my truck running he's a good person to know !

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This method is not the preferred method and highly NOT RECOMMENDED. As difficult as it can be at times, the best method is to leave IP cover and gear alone not changing them one bit, and with no chance of change either.

JM2CW, and I suspect the collective would concur.

Al

If one doesn't feel comfortable taking the ip cover off, then don't do it. but its not hard at all. You just have to pay attention and be careful and take your time. but saying that, i did the entire job in 4-5 hrs by myself and had no issues.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks fellas, yeah i am highly excited to get some "ummph" back outta my truck... and yes i will admit that i am intimidated by doing the IP job myself, but another member a while back with a timing meter offered to assist me with the swap and timing it... he is about a hour and 45 min ride from me so when i get the parts and at his convenience i am gonna take him up on his offer.. gonna try to pick up a pyrometer between now and then as well.. maybe turn the pump up just a little, not looking for high performance just want pulling power when i got my trailer and play truck behind me.. this will be an early Christmas present for me!!

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, I concur. Why take a chance when you could mess up the timing. Besides, a pump isn't properly installed until it is timed. You can't time it without loosening the three nuts. Sacrifice a cheap wrench to the grinder and torch gods.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't see the need to make an extra step in an otherwise easy swap.

My intercooler and pipes arrived today :sly

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also where you located gonecrazi? just in case something changes and i get in a pinch to get it done.. i have 30 days to get my core in to them so don't want to lose the extra money..

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Should have gone full moose :sly

Yup, and a EGT gauge.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
full moose would have been overkill for me.. i have had the truck now for 2 yrs and haven't even put 5k miles on it.. my trailer and play truck combined are about 10k lbs, and 85% of the driving for this truck is pulling them around.. doin work!! but i will also be happy to not hear such a clatter from under the hood from the injectors, sounds like a band of little people under there with hammers... lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online