H.I.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hatteras Island N.C.

The highlights are....
Went for 5 days.
No campsite 3 on the nights, just slept where I parked the truck on the beach. The ranger did boot us once :) but didn't write us a ticket ;Sweet
Saw a snake
Cought some tasty fish
Drove 40 or 50 miles on the beach

It was Awesome!!!!!!

And yes my buddies truck says IDI on it in giant white letters LOL He works Industrial Diesel Inc

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bill... Thats a Leaverrite snake..... You want to leave it right where you found it.LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, heading back down there this summer. took my jeep down to play on the beach one year, dad decided it was fun to splash in the salt water..........lets just say DON'T do that to a vehicle you want to keep long term. good times though.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
NICE! Looks like fun to me!

I'm headed to Cape San Blas, FL next weekend for 4 days of surf fishing, casting ST Joe Bay for trout and reds, and trolling for spanish later in the day.

Looks like a scared snake to me.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a Leaverrite snake for sure!! If I wasn't on state property and had my ngun I woulda shot it!!! He was a mean SOB! I wasnt ever near him, that was a zoom lens. I think its a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin.

Hey Jred, next time you go down let me know and ill try to meet you down there. Anybody interested in a IDI meet on the beach? Its worth the trip. Frisco State Campgound is really nice.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscovorous) closely related to those copperheads you guys have in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic. Best left alone, I'm told that the aggressive display is more of a bluff. A guy from my church is a reptile enthusiast, and a friend of his removes nuisance cottonmouths down south, he said they do that all the time, but he's yet to be bitten. That said, I wouldn't want to test it out. What kind of fish did you guys catch.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
That is a Leaverrite snake for sure!! If I wasn't on state property and had my ngun I woulda shot it!!! He was a mean SOB! I wasnt ever near him, that was a zoom lens. I think its a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin.

Hey Jred, next time you go down let me know and ill try to meet you down there. Anybody interested in a IDI meet on the beach? Its worth the trip. Frisco State Campgound is really nice.

They still let you drive on the beach? You must have 4x4 right?

That would be cool... You are only 100 miles from me..... Drive time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online