GVWR on F600s

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding info on f600 GVWR, I've got a wild hair again, I'd like to get one and build a big **** pickup, really just shorten the wheel base and add a pickup bed...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I presume it's going to be gas powered?
if it's diesel, I have bad news for you. If the chassis is older than 2004, you won't be able to register it in kali after 2012.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I presume it's going to be gas powered?
if it's diesel, I have bad news for you. If the chassis is older than 2004, you won't be able to register it in kali after 2012.

I was trying to find a way to make it 13,999 gvw...or a house car

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find a way to make it 13,999 gvw...or a house car

There were a few people on Pirate 4x4 who did this, buy old F700s and convert them to 4x4 and then re-title them for low GVW - those were strictly daily drivers and fun-in-the-sand trucks tho, while they can pull a heavy trailer the truck's own weight prevents them from doing so. So keep this in mind, of you this way you may not be able to hook up a trailer at all without getting canned by CHP if they catch you (and they will as with a truck of that size you usually have to enter scales). Aditionally, if the truck has air brakes, you will likely still need the air-brake endorsement on your drivers license, even tho you don't need a CDL - kinda like big diesel-pusher motorhomes really.

maddenji

Reaction score
I saw some f-600 dually pick-ups for sale aroung Zephyrhills FL several years ago. They looked pretty good.
Jim