Gunk on injector

Ethan Turner

Reaction score
I got some gunk on my #5 injector I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is what's the problem and some fixes for it
You must be registered for see images attach

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A long time ago, back before I did my rebuild and head replacement, I had my #4 injector just like yours. I just assumed that when the PO put in those injectors, he probably didn't use a new copper compression washer or didn't torque the injector completely down to spec. Fuel bubbled up and filled the cavity around the injector and head. It hardened to the gunk shown in your image.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If this crud wipes off easily then its oil and water leaking down past the threads and its not a problem but... If the bottom copper gasket is leaking and this is hard crud.. Well you probably have a cut injector seat in the head. that will be repaired with a seat reamer. To stop this oil and water from getting in there past the injector threads just apply RTV to the injector threads. then install it in the head. DO NOT put anything on the copper gasket.

Ethan Turner

Reaction score
Ya it came right off with some pb blaster and a shop rag with it being a 6.9 I wanted to make sure it didn't have something to do with the head gasket thanks for all the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726