Guages

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 3 guages from glowshift, ya I know they are not the best but they are relatively cheap, I got water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. What should I be seeing number wise on each guage? And what numbers should I start to worry? Also It came with an obs a pillar pod that I'm not sure if will fit a slantnose but I'm sure I can make it work. Thanks

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Glowshift seems really cheap for electric sensor gauges. How is the quality compared to Autometer? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 5 Autometer gauges, which is not exactly cheap. If there are other good options (not low quality) then I'd be happy to save some money.

Reaction score
Oil Pressure:
- Warm engine, idle: 10-15 psi. Mine runs 12±1 psi
- Warm engine, cruising RPMs: high 30s, low 40s
- Cold engine, fast idle: Starts out high 30 or low 40s, but will fall as engine temps rise
- Get worried at: anything single-digit
- My sending unit location: in the turbo housing (Banks turbo, recommended Banks location)

Coolant Temperature:
- Cruising temp: High 180s to low 200s
- Idle temp: Should hover around 195° if you're running an OEM thermostat, but will fluctuate as the t-stat opens/closes
- Get worried at: anything over 230°, though temps like this should only be seen if you're really working her
- Pull over at: high 230s, low 240s.
- My sending unit location: The port in the head where the 'OVERTEMP' sending unit normally sits

Oil temp: No idea. Don't have that gauge (yet)

Mike

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glowshift seems really cheap for electric sensor gauges. How is the quality compared to Autometer? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 5 Autometer gauges, which is not exactly cheap. If there are other good options (not low quality) then I'd be happy to save some money.

Glowshift is hit and miss, I have a glowshift 3 in 1 egt, fuel pressure, and boost and every now and then it will not come on if you cycle the key too much, it gets confused. Other than that it works fine. One of my friends has 4 guages and the fuel pressure one will randomly read really low and the needle will bounce up and down, and the trans temp drops when you key the mic on his cb radio haha. Then again I know plenty of people who never have problems.

And thanks mike , those guages would be pointless if I didn't know what to watch out for. Hopefully someone will chime in on the oil temp. That guage was just an afterthought since I already have the boost, fuel pressure and egt and I bought the new guages as a deal if you buy 3. I was really looking for an ammeter but glowshift doesn't seem to have one