grinding noise from front drivers side

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I just had the wheel off and checked things out as I was hearing a sqeaking noise but it seemed to go away and everything seemed good and tight put the wheel on and checked for slop in the wheel bearing and spun the wheel all sounded good. Now its making a noise like something is grinding but it doesn't do it regulerly just every once in awhile. So what do I need to check yet. This is on the 03

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
could be the wheel bearing . also a possibil;ity of the inner spindle brng. or maybe even the lockout hub

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
are the slider pins where they are supposed to be on the brakes? Look for a shiny ring inside the wheel, and check for shiny spots on the caliper. Does your caliper have shims? Make sure that they are in place and not loose.

Other than that, check the axle joint and just keep an eye out for anything shiny. Just because the bearing is tight, don't mean it's still good. I would up driving a 1973 Autocar tractor for 3 days while I was waiting for parts to fix a truck that I thought had good bearings....they were tight, but shot!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Ended up being the wheel bearing after all jacked it up today and it was loose and noisy which is suprising how fast it went bad cause just thursday I had checked out the brakes and rotated the tires and there was no play and no noise then by saturday it started making a noise everyonce in awhile and by today it was very loose as to no doubt its bad. The thing is if you get one they come with course threads and fine threads so you need to know what you have

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
03 was the crossover, I think one is a 1.0 and one is a 1.5 , differnec is easy to tell, almost like looking at a 24 pitch vrs a 16 pitch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online