gremlans

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
With the trailer hooked up to my truck when I push on the brakes at a dead stop the speedometer with go up to around 20mph and the dinger starts until I let go of the brakes anyone have a place to start looking I am think the trailer plug .???:thanks:

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I really don't have any idea and that's official.

My WAG is, bad ground.
This might sound really nuts but have you upgraded to a bigger and better signal flasher? Might help.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
If its feasible, hook the trailer up to another tow vehicle. Least it would narrow it down to the problem being with your truck or with the trailer. I hate electrical problems.

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Originally posted by Roland_Jenkins
If its feasible, hook the trailer up to another tow vehicle. Least it would narrow it down to the problem being with your truck or with the trailer. I hate electrical problems.

RJ I have done the opposite I have tried another trailer it doesn't do it so that is why I was thinking it was the trailer plug.
And yes I hate electric problems too:frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
I just can't figure out why it would make the speedo do crazy things I know the sensor is hooked in the anti lock brake sensor but then again why does the dinger sound. What should I look for on the trailer???

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I would start by disconnecting one wire at a time from the trailer plug until the problem ceases. Reconnect all the wires except the last one. If the problem is still not present, at least now you know which wire is causing the problem.

Well actually I'd probably throw a wrench as far as I could and cuss like hell. Frightening my wife and dog.

Last edited:

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Roland_Jenkins
Well actually I'd probably throw a wrench as far as I could and cuss like hell. Frightening my wife and dog.

You must be registered for see images
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

That's funny cause i would prolly do the same thing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7