Greetings and Salutations!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine has the coffee can as well, and like as stated before its a vaccum resevoir.

Leave it there, truck needs it for the brakes and heater controls.

BTW.... just messing with you on the FI OHV thing.... they all are, the 6.9 and 7.3 IDI were good engines. Seeing if someone would take the bait (you did) or if I could rile one of these IDI gurus in here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes speedester... Thats a great looking dash. How was it kept so nice for so many years... Garage kept or never out in the weather.... Very nice...;Sweet Hey.... Hows that sweety we all liked to help when her wheel left her truck one dark nite???

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Yeah the interior is perfect, but your's is OBSCENE. Maybe after a full detail...

Just found out the hard wya that the batteries are way under-rated for the truck about to head down to Sears to get a set of 875a Diehard Golds...

Block heater cable is gone too...

Howdy and welcome!

Gotta love perfect interiors. What color is yours?

You must be registered for see images attach

Adrianspeeder

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Mankypro,
First off, welcome to the site! Great group here with loads of good, and some not-so-good, information :)

If you have a Costco near you check them out for batteries. I picked up a pair of 1,000 CCA, 1150 CA batts for my '93 for about $120 out the door if I remember right.

Were the '84s the years with the bad casting around the block heater or was that just the '83s? I don't recall....

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the block heater could be a problem with cracking - no idea though. I'll say this though - last night it was below zero. This morning in 6 degrees it started up first try - must say I'm VERY happy.

Truck is at the stealership getting an inspection right now...

Mankypro,
First off, welcome to the site! Great group here with loads of good, and some not-so-good, information :)

If you have a Costco near you check them out for batteries. I picked up a pair of 1,000 CCA, 1150 CA batts for my '93 for about $120 out the door if I remember right.

Were the '84s the years with the bad casting around the block heater or was that just the '83s? I don't recall....

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck! and welcome to the forum! the coffee can thing is a big joke between me and my friends. where are you located some one of us my be able to help you in the future?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Intersting my mounts and the holes at the base are staggered requiring some sort of diagonal solution. Guess I could figure out a way to get the stays to hold in the middle...