GP HARNESS

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going to build one this weekend but got pressed for time. Maybe next weekend ill attempt again. kinda would like to have the OE bullet connectors though.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
im sure you can probably find the factory bullet connects somewhere. whats wrong with your connectors?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half of them have been replaced with some BC's from NAPA, the origionals were broken and stuck on GP's when I swaped my motor. Both harnesses I had were in pretty bad shape. Made due with what I had at the time, but now Id like to have everything working right for once. Had bought a new GP controller a while back and it just made clicking noises and never heated, then after re-hooking it up and moving the ground wire around about 8 times, fixing rub spots on Gp harness and lots of cussin, the damn thing started working flawlessly for about 2 weeks then quit all together. Napa gave me a new one and its back to the click, click, click no heat crap. Think my harness is just shot, its the only thing I can figure.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Uhaul had them up on the big sale list. Also they come up on ebay all the time.... Ford and international still sells them but they are expensive.... Go figure.... what part from ford isn't way over priced.....:dunno

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used a standard bullet and crimped it gently more closed and it was hard to get on and off but worked till the gps took a crap and i pulled the harness

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U-Haul has them on there uhaultruckparts.com for $171, but better download the silverlight there so you can see if they are the correct one. Silverlight shows a pic of them.

When I made my GP tester I used 12AWG to each GP and 1 lead thru an amp meter, one GP pulls more than 15 amps. The bullet ends were from AZone $2.64 box of 14.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Was going to build one this weekend but got pressed for time. Maybe next weekend ill attempt again. kinda would like to have the OE bullet connectors though.

for the bullet connectors go to NAPA or AZone or some place with electrical connectors. get some 14 ga. heat shrink bullet connectors that fit snug on top of the GP. cut the stock connectors off, strip a 1/8" of wire and crimp on the new bullet connectors. the end that goes on the GP will need the overlapping plastic cut off so it will go the whole way on the top of the plug. only heat the end that the wire is in DO NOT shrink the end that connects to the GP.
did it to my truck 2-3 months ago and it works great

id get some pics of mine but my computer is being stupid and slow so i cant upload them. havent been able to for a few months so far