Got the IDI out

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Now I got the IDI out. Now I wanna replace/redo the return lines on the injectors. Where can I get the lines or hardware to do this? Next, Im replaceing the glow plugs with my $2.99 Beru's. When replacing them, do I need to put any Loctie stuff on the threads? And do I screw em in till they bottom out? And one last thing. The wires for the IP, does it matter which way they go back on to the terminals? Im gonna do all this while the motor is out. Thanks.

suv7734

Reaction score
This place http://mwfi.com/ has the injector installation kit and everyone seems to have had good luck dealing with them. Install the top o-ring first and then the bottom one and make sure they are not twisted. Lube them and the caps up with rubber grease, vaseline etc and then press the caps on.
Nothing is needed on the glow plug threads, they actually have a compound already on the thread (blackish stuff). They seat just like spark plugs do and the torque is 12 lb-ft.
The wires on the IP do matter because if you reverse them, once the engine starts to warm up it wil shut off :eek: Single wire should be to the rear terminal and the double one should be to the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle