got it together

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds good.timings a little too far advanced.i hope it wasnt a fresh or cold motor with the way you were revving it.revving it like that imediately after start up even warm is a sure fire way to wipe out a set of bearings.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, now put the hood on and take her for a spin.

i liked my 78 bronco i used to have and that 400 sure liked its fuel.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a 400??????:puke: i hated those 351m/400s!!ued to drive a 78 f350 car carrier with a 351/400 4 speed.i blew up 3 351Ms in one week in that truck.that thing would hit a hill with a car on its back and be lucky if it would get to the top in 1st gear.stuffed a 460 in it and it was on like donkey kong man!!!climbed those same hills loaded in 3rd or 4th.i got in more trouble with that truck racing people light to light.my friend got a phone call atleast 3 times a day from somebody that got thier doors blown off by his truck.

i wont even tell you about the 72 f350 wrecker with the 428 in it :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao lets just say the junkyards ran out of driveshafts :rotflmao:rotflmao

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
It is not a 400.
Bearings? I had 65psi of oil pressure and the engine never went over 2000 rpms in that video, I don't see how that is a problem.

Timing was at 12degrees, tho there is no ported idle vacuum, nor have a hooked up the box to delay ignition, etc etc.... just starting to get her going.
Hood will be on today, I've got 1-2 other lil things to wrap up and we're gone.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was commenting on jred's 400 post.

even with 65 psi its not good to rev a motor right after start up like that especially cold.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i was commenting on jred's 400 post.

even with 65 psi its not good to rev a motor right after start up like that especially cold.

yea i know the M motors dont have the best reputation but mine did well. i did allot of reading on them at one point and they can really belt out some high HP numbers if built. the bottom ends are supposed to be relly strong its the top ends that cant breath well. once you get that opened up with a nice intake exhaust and better heads they can move.