got a question

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First i read on here a few people got an adjustable clutch rod from napa does any one have a part number cause my napa has no clue what i want and secondly i have two trucks a 94 idit srw and a 89 idi drw what rear axle options came in these trucks and how do you tell what one you have thanks for any and all intel

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These trucks had 3.55 or 4.10 gears. An easy way to know what you have is jack up the rear end. Mark the inside of the rear tire at the ground and mark the driveshaft. Now turn the driveshaft and count how many turns it takes for the tire to make one complete turn. Really can't help with the clutch stuff... Sorry too..

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
You can tell the axle ratio by looking at the door sticker (presuming that the PO did not change axles or ratios). There is an "axle" category that will tell you in code. Somewhere on this site, somebody has posted all of the codes for the various years. Or you can jack up the rear end...

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the confusion i ment what type of axle i.e sterling 10.25 dana 70 not sure what iv got in either truck an not sure how to id them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matjonbak

Staff online