Got a banks non waste gated turbo "kit", missing oil drain pipe

barr05

Reaction score
I picked up a Banks non-waste gated turbo "kit" yesterday for $300.. ;Sweet
It has almost everything, but the hose between the air filter box and the turbo and they cut the oil drain tube off!
so the questions are..... Summit has a brand new drain for a Banks Sidewinder turbo, will it fit mine? if not where could I find one, or do I need to fabricate one for it? second question.. where is a good place to find the hose? it is a 90 degree elbow with 3" on one end and 3 1/2" on the other..

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20140702_211601697.jpg
    IMG_20140702_211601697.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 41

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think Banks is the only place for the drain line. I have never seen this so I'm making a guess. Same with using the sidewinder drain.. Only a guess it will work for you.

barr05

Reaction score
The one from Summit is a Banks part number , 24076. I tried to contact Banks but no response back from them yet.
Silicone intakes had everything I need and then some. I'm thinking about converting my down pipe connection to a v-band (silicone intakes has the weld on adaptors) so I can buy a exhuast kit for an 94-97 powerstroke with a 3 inch down pipe and 4 inch exhaust. Any one else ever tried this?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think that's what most people do for the exhaust.
Though banks has a 3 downpipe for those.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually I believe Banks down pipe for the sidewinders is 2 7/8 inch pipe and not a true 3 inch pipe. This is what the muffler shop showed me when I had them built a 4 inch straight pipe from the end of the down pipe back to behind the rear wheel. On the bench that sure was a long piece of 4 inch pipe. I recall it has 2 welds in it. One just before the over the diff pipe and one for the tip.

barr05

Reaction score
I have the original down pipe, but they hacked it into 3 pieces. The PO had a salavage yard pull it for him.. They love the torch! :backoff