Got a 1994

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
GP are shot had to pull start it to get it going then belched blue and white and smelled like raw diesel. But the PO said it would stall out of the blue for no reason and start up when it cooled down. I think it is the CPS. It has 120,000 km on it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool for you, short word of advice, if for the time being you want to scrap the GP relay (unhook it so you know that NO cylinders have a hot GP) you can start the old girl with either in small small doses.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
This truck has seen either, I think thats what wrecked them. It was my grandpas old truck. When u put to much either in the first place with at least one working GP = BOOM he blew the air box out of it. When i get a new one i will post pics of the old one as a warning. So im warry about using it on this truck till i get the old GP out to see but still has minimal blow by burns no oil. I used it on the old IDI before.

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you unhook the GPR then you can be assured you have no voltage going to the GP's, at that point you are safe to use ether is low doses. BTW,,dont replace the stock airbox with another stock airbox, go with a Tymar setup.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
its warm enough its starting without aid so i think a few GP are working going to replace anyways since i bought all 8. Just have to find out why it stalls while it is ideling now. I think it is the CPS so im going to replace it to.