Goodby to an old IDI friend

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 84 IDI, 4X4, 4 Speed, Banks Turbo, new batteries, and nearly new tires is leaving my home this weekend. The body is dying from cancer, but all the mechanicals are really great. It has the lowest milage engine of my fleet of IDIs. I have been keeping it around mainly in case I needed to put the engine in one of my other two trucks.

It is not really leaving my family since I am giving it to my daughter and son-in- law. Dang that old truck has taken me to some interesting places, so I hope it has a good home for a few more years. Its cold in Fairbanks, though, so it might not like its retirement home.

akoldnav

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old IDI... the one Squirreltow has now... took my wife (to be) and I to our wedding a couple years ago, Georgia to Florida and back. Lots of good memories of horse races I trailered to, my first diesel experience, the first diesel pickup my new son rode in, etc.

Hard to get rid of them...

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old 84 wasn't my first diesel experience, but it was my first "good" diesel experience. My first diesel experience was an 83 suburban. I got the IDI from an older friend when he upgraded, probably paid to much, and have fixed lots of things on the old girl. I learned most of the tricks that will keep my other two IDIs running for a long time.

At least I will get to look at it ocassionally.

akoldnav

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online