Good News-Bad News

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I don't know if it would cost 40k but you make it sound like having a 1988 is a bad thing? There really is nothing about the newer trucks that are that enticing to me, probably wouldn't get anything newer than an '03 Superduty with a 7.3 PSD. I wouldn't mind an 08-10 with a 6 speed manual but haven't heard great things about the 6.4 diesel. I do plan on getting another 7.3 Excursion, still pissed me off that I let the ex take that in the divorce.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I gotta say, I agree that selling an old friend is tough, but $4500!! Holy Crap!! That's about what I was willing to take for mine when I was thinking of selling her this spring and there isn't an ounce of rust on her. That is a screamin deal!!! Like the others have said I believe you can find a beautiful rust free example for that kind of money easily! Just don't tell your potential buyer that. lol. Good luck with whatever you decide, it is a hard decision for sure even for that kind of money.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it would cost 40k but you make it sound like having a 1988 is a bad thing? There really is nothing about the newer trucks that are that enticing to me, probably wouldn't get anything newer than an '03 Superduty with a 7.3 PSD. I wouldn't mind an 08-10 with a 6 speed manual but haven't heard great things about the 6.4 diesel. I do plan on getting another 7.3 Excursion, still pissed me off that I let the ex take that in the divorce.
As I mentioned prior, if I could buy 'my' truck over again (new right now today) I probably would...but I'm absolutely not interested in buying someone else's 26 year old truck!

Last edited: