Go taller?

Reaction score
My buddy has 6" lift the the RSK and flip and he sits an inch lower then me, he also runs 35s tho. I think I can get a pic of our trucks by eachother

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Indiana also... I just spent an hour or more looking at the motor vehicle code.... the only thing I can find is the bumper position cannot vary more that 3 inches from the manufacturer installed position, and the headlights cannot be more than 54 inches above the ground.....

So you could lift it 10 feet off the ground, and as log as you make sure you have a bumper located in the "stock" position (think DOT Bar) and the headlights are not higher than 54 inches, you are golden..... I have seen trucks that are very high, that have a bumper and headlights mounted lower. I saw one that is a Louisville Chassis truck that has a bumper lower, and the headlights have been relocated into the bumper.....

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
your buddies truck makes 35s look like 33s lol you have any more pictures of his truck? i dont mind a lot of wheel well clearance, i just dont want it being tall an narrow, which i'm afraid itll be with 13.5 wide 37s. but if his 35s look alright maybe 14.5 wide 36s will work..

at this height i cant do crossover steering, but it drives fine right now anyways. if i put this rsk on i will do it.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way your truck sits now I woulndt change it. That's exatly how high I'd want mine sitting if it was a extended cab

Reaction score
your buddies truck makes 35s look like 33s lol you have any more pictures of his truck? i dont mind a lot of wheel well clearance, i just dont want it being tall an narrow, which i'm afraid itll be with 13.5 wide 37s. but if his 35s look alright maybe 14.5 wide 36s will work..

at this height i cant do crossover steering, but it drives fine right now anyways. if i put this rsk on i will do it.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
thats a 3" rsk right? 35s look a little small imo, but 37s might not look bad.. we'll see. i've still got an engine swap to do before I go any higher. thanks for posting the pics man.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I live in Indiana also... I just spent an hour or more looking at the motor vehicle code.... the only thing I can find is the bumper position cannot vary more that 3 inches from the manufacturer installed position, and the headlights cannot be more than 54 inches above the ground.....

So you could lift it 10 feet off the ground, and as log as you make sure you have a bumper located in the "stock" position (think DOT Bar) and the headlights are not higher than 54 inches, you are golden..... I have seen trucks that are very high, that have a bumper and headlights mounted lower. I saw one that is a Louisville Chassis truck that has a bumper lower, and the headlights have been relocated into the bumper.....

Awesome!!!!!. Me and a lot of other people were gunn be really pissed. On another note. I think I have a line on my old truck and Im gunna go to check on it this week.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online