glowplugs with wmo

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious if any of you guys have had any issues with glow plugs running wmo? I put new plugs in truck at first of summer and it is starting to act like they are not working and having to use multiple cycles to start in the mornings(manual toggle controller). I took out one today and it had a slight crust built up on it and am wondering it thats causing to not transfer the heat to start?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using wmo on and off for a couple of years, haven't really seen the glow plugs wear out faster than normal.
But maybe my percentage of wmo has been high enough to cause trouble. I'm starting to use a higher percentage so maybe that will make a difference:dunno

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe thats it,
just within the last couple months using about 50%, well see how that works with gp's

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Maybe thats it,
just within the last couple months using about 50%, well see how that works with gp's

i run wmo/watf at about 85/15 with some rug/pump diesel/kero whatever i have to dilute it down and had issues with some build up. I have the timing bumped, i don't see the buildup on the plugs and my egt's are lower.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
high percentages of wmo will lead to issues with deposits.
there's always trade-offs to doing any fuel cocktail.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crazy I am going to have my trucks timing set before long as I finaly found a shop to do it for me. What is your timing set at? Should there be any difference in timing using the wmo?

wmoguy

Reaction score
high percentages of wmo will lead to issues with deposits.
there's always trade-offs to doing any fuel cocktail.

Indeed!

My Gps on the 94 looked pretty rough. I don't know how old they were as they were in the truck when I bought it. Anyhow, they looked pretty rough. I'm hoping the water injection helps keep deposits under control like biofarmer suggested.

mtran

I`ll improve my Eng
Reaction score
Do you use 2 tank?
My second tank is 2 or two lit for disel(coolant jug) so start/stop is D,but rest is oil and you can go up to 80-90%.
The name of game is how high can we go on oil.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wmoguy
The water injection system I've heard they can be pricey. Can a person make one of these??

wmoguy

Reaction score
wmoguy
The water injection system I've heard they can be pricey. Can a person make one of these??

Mine was 600 with some extra goodies. The way I look at it is injecting new substances can be playing with fire. I'd rather pay a little more for a tried and true system vs. Making my high dollar engine a big science project.
I'm sure one could be made for cheaper, but I'd prefer tried and true and the controller these things have is pretty slick. You'd have to be one heckuva electronics genius to make a controller like mine has for less than it can be bought for.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one you have, does that company have a website??
I know the basic theory about how it works but what are they supposed to do, power? mileage?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might have to check that out.

i personally have not had trouble with buildup on my plugs and injectors but i have heard some people have. i really suspect it comes from high percentegaes of WMO in cooler running conditions before the engine is all heated up. maybe the transmission fluid i mix in sometimes helps to clear it out?

Black dawg

Reaction score
I gave up on glowplugs with wmo. I use one of those ether start kits, and it starts easily on very heavy mixtures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online