glowplug ??s

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like all the members here that should know say stay with motorcraft beru glow plugs, anything else could cause problems with swelling and don't seem to last

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only use BERU, they are tried and true. You may save a few $ on the initial cost but loosing a tip in to the combustion chamber can cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just my 2c worth.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
whitestroker said:

Cheesy,
SO
Does this mean that the Blue goose is having starting issues too! :rotflmao

They say in the add that they are Wellman brand plugs. I have heard some guys on here that have used them and not had any problems but I dont think that they are any better than Beru/Motorcraft plugs.....why would they be? Of course maybe you should be a guiena pig and buy them to let us know if they are better or not! :D
Glow plugs in general are junk.....I havent been impressed with the life span of any glow plug so far! International should have used something else more like an air intake heater or something that doesnt burn out as easily.

By the way here is a link that works! :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-NEW-6-9L-FORD-FAST-HEATING-DIESEL-GLOW-PLUGS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33693QQitemZ8026520222QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There have been no negative reports of the Wellman's as of this time. I doubt many are using them though. Of those who are, they have not had a problem yet. I figure since a set of glow plugs is about the same as a fill up these days, why try to go cheap? Glow plugs as a rule, are very reliable when controlled properly. Actually, I think they are really amazing. Have you ever taken one and hooked up up on a bench? That tip glows WHITE hot! I mean it is so hot, and so bright that you can't really look at it with the naked eye. And it can do that over and over again. My hat is off to the people who invented and designed them. They really are amazing. When you consider what they do, it's no wonder if they are held on too long, or are not made of the absolute best materials and construction, that things can go awry.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Wellman Dual Coil plugs for the 6.9 in one of my engines. You have to switch from the bullet connector to the blade connector to use them. The Dual Coil plugs are supposed to be self regulating, which means they should not burn out if left on a little too long.

As I understand it, there are 2 coils connected in parallel. One heats quickly, the other heats slower.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AS for the Wellmans, they are junk, I bought 8 from MFI this past spring and only have 3 left that are working. When I bought them I was under the impression they were BERU but when they got here they were Welmans. I have not tried to pull any out but will soon and will let ya'll know what I find. So this is a neg review of them......... Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86