Glow plugs

Zbmonster

Reaction score
I know there are already things on glow plugs but I just finished doing mine and want to help a couple people that have turbos and don't want to remove it and can't really get to the glow plug under neath of it I let all my plugs soak in kano spray for a day before trying to get to them I used a 1/4 drive with a couple extensions and wobbles to get the plugs out the one in the back under the turbo was the hardest one for me to get i had to put the deep well socket and the wobble first by reaching around and under the back of the turbo then kinda held the wobble pointed toward the turbo hat then stuck a skinny long extension between the turbo and turbo hat that was the best way for me to get to the glow plug and get it out lucky I didn't have a problem with mine

Attachments

• 20160627_103312.jpg
    20160627_103312.jpg
    1,017.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you use the kroil or silikroil to soak? Kano has a special going on now. Buy 1 get 1 free 16 oz I think. Excellent products from Kano Labs in Nashville, TN.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a stock ATS 093
just did mine today in 103*
the engine got a sweat bath!

on #7, i used 3/8" drive, a 12" extension, and 1 wobble.
i went under the exhaust housing of the turbo.

the other 7, i did with a short deep drive 10MM 1/4" drive socket with 1 wobble.
my biggest pain was the injector lines. #4&6 were the hardest for me

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
In my shop I use only the Aerokroil spray. That way I can reach any spot I want to. Kano Labs really does have some great products. I have been using them for nearly 50 years now. Nothing compares to Aerokroil. On my worst frozen bolts or nuts I heat it up. them cool it with Aerokroil. There is a point when the fluid actually is sucked into the threads. Same thing works on any exhaust on my diesel. Wet it down. run the engine round town doing useless ****. When I decide to part it for the night I spray it again. Works every time. Next time you try to remove any exhaust or thermostat housings on your idi remember these tips.:angel::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online