glow plug testing fun

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Nice video ;Sweet
That doesn't surprise me in the least. I've always used Bosch plugs on all my European diesels for years and on those things I've never had a catastrophic failure on a one of the things. Usually they'll go well over 100k miles, but the plug they have listed for these engines is a total mismatch, and it's not one of their Duraterm plugs ( those things are designed for extended burn since all the newer engines are setup for a very long afterburn on the plugs to lower emissions during startup ) The plug they have for the 7.3 is an old design and it's mismatched to the application.

When I first got my truck, I didn't listen to the collective wisdom and put a set of bosch plugs in since that's what I've always had great luck with on my other diesels..... BZZZT WRONG! one week later they were shot :dunno Threw a set of Berus in there and they went about a year and were still good when I changed them out( had the engine apart so I replaced them for the heck of it)

It pays to listen to the collective wisdom of the Brotherhood :hail :hail :hail

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Piece of crap plug! Too bad the berus are becoming hard to get. Anybody try the Borg Warner ones that advertise here yet?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice video, it's cool to verfiy the swollen tip theory on live video.

Act like a politician and vote yourself a raise LOL !

JwS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a 12v plug that could replace the standard 6v ones? It seems like it would be easier to just turn them on, start, and then shut them off after a minute or so.
JwS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin