glow plug seat is leaking

bugman40284

Reaction score
so I've recently rebuilt a 6.9 idi in an f250 and I have a problem. one of my GP's is leaking mass amounts of compression. I am 110% sure the leak is coming from the glow plug. The engine runs excellent except for that one GP. My question is, Is there a way to fix the GP seat without taking apart the entire top end of my motor all over again. I would totally stick a plug with some sealant in the GP hole but since it Is going straight into the cylinder I am weird that a crack will eventually appear and I don't know how long that would actually hold for. I had the heads redone by Quality Diesel in Sacramento... FYI... and they told me the heads were good as new when I picked them up. I am kind of pissed that they didn't see this problem in the first place and I feel like I should take the heads back to them and tell them to suck it but, if I can avoid taking the head off in the first place, I would most likely take the easier route. I am completely open to suggestions and I am willing to do what I have to to get my beautiful truck back on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online