Glow plug life......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
With 298k mi on the truck I just replaced all the GP's with new Motorcratft ZD11's and also replaced the second factory GP relay with a Stancor.

In the life of the truck I have replaced just 2 UVC's and both valve cover units, 1 GP relay and only 2 GP's and I had to use Delphi's when that happend 3 years ago. And both the Delphi's still ohm out to this day under .07 ;Sweet

I credit the life of the relays to a suggestion from a member years back on TDS who suggested swapping the current feed wires on the relay posts to re-direct the current load across the contacts.

My original intention was to try the Borg Warner's but I got tired of chasing down links that showed dealers from their site but no pricing cookoo

So a quick call to the local farm town Fork dealer got me a set of 8 ZD11's for $80.

3 of the orig GP's [Beru's] ohmed out cold well above 1200 :eek:---that is not a typo or my misreading the meter either! And the tips on those had started to deform so I was quite lucky indeed :hail:hail

Now it's time --a little late LOL-- to finish glow plug by-pass seeings how I now have a new and fully functioning system :D