glow plug controller

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does glow plug controller do really? mine is all fried kinda so i just unplugged it. the glow plugs still work but would they work better with a new controller? :dunno

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
It times how long the glow plugs stay on depending on tempature. I dont think they work w/o one, but there was a newer upgrade model available for the older style controllers somewhere. I think Angem made a post about it.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk i just leave the glow plugs on for 12 seconds and shut em off and crank it and it starts. i have manual switch on the glow plugs.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thx was just wondering thought be something with why mine doesn't act like it fires on all cylinders right away when i start it when its cold out or is that normal for these engines?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Could be air intrustion caused by leaking return lines, olives, etc...most likely air is getting in via the fuel systems rubber parts somewhere. How does it start initially? Anything look wet (specifically around each fitting and the return line caps on the injectors)?

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats when it does it when ya first start it when its cold out but once its warm it dont bother or if the weather is warm out it dont bother or its plugged in. and there dry as can be

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i stuck new glow plugs in in july this year unless there one of the wires is bad the glow plugs should be good i would think

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick resistance test with a multimeter will let you know the health of the plugs

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found the problem. bad glow plug. get to see if the 1 year warranty any good now