Giving credit where credit is due

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I must thank the 3 that helped me thru a pinch last Friday on my trek to Drummond Island.
Darrin, Mel and Travis. :hail

Little story to be told. Getting the truck loaded for the week long guys away from home hunting trip, Ole Goldie decides she doesn't want to cooperate and smokes out a fusible link to the GP system. :mad:
Working thru things and tracing back the wiring like a cat on a hot tin roof I couldn't find any bad wiring.(scratching head)
Relaced both fusible links and still nothing.
Changed the GP controller and she decided to work.
Keeping in mind several family members hounding me to hurry up lets get going. -cuss -cuss

Well all was good until 10:00p.m. along the side of US-131 in Cadillac, Goldie decided to put up a fuss once again and the GP controller continued to cycle off/on giving a pretty good headlight flashing gig for oncoming traffic.
Flashlight on and butt above head syndrome now returns with even the cell phone in hand taking the master of the IDI killers instruction, we were able to get the GP system disabled after discovering that them 2 purdy yeller wires burned up again. -cuss

Confused as heck and thankful that I packed an extension cord for plugging the truck in for just that worry. cookoo

Well after getting a tiny bug bite a 3 trips to the doctor while on vacation and allergic reactions to medications, Thursday came and I was feeling purdy good and decided that it was time to bust out some more parts and get this pig fixed.
Replaced the connectors to the yellow wires and just but spliced them together with some heat shrink and swapped GP controllers once again. Thanks to donor motors ;Sweet I was able to get the remainder of the bugs out and all seems to be good so far.......finger crossed.

Even had time to meet up with another fellow IDI'er and saw a pretty sweet ride that HAS to make the next rally. :backoff Yep Idieselman's rig is wa too cool. ;Sweet ;Sweet
So, all in short I gotta thank ya guys for bailing me out in such short notice when the computer is packed away. :hail :cheers:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
:rotflmao Ron said it was B-A-A-A-A-D advice...

Sort of like when we were all standing around his grocery getter in Ohio and I poked my head under there saying I found the problem...

2 extra clyinders :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

But seriously it was all in fun and everyone involved knew it was - It's just part of the game ya know...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
:rotflmao Ron said it was B-A-A-A-A-D advice...

Yep....B-A-A-A-D advice cause it did involve a goat or goat pieces. :eek:
But hey even at 10 at night along a busy highway I did find it funny. cookoo

:rotflmao
Twas a good save. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out Ron. Somehow I sensed that your adventure would continue for some brief period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online