Getting my spare pump rebuilt. Who to go with?

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant decide whether to go with hectorwithinjectors or dieselogic. Hwi is around 100 dollars cheaper and I have read a few posts from people who have been happy with both company's. Whadda you guys think?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about either of these guys. I haven't heard anything bad about either business so you'd probably be ok. I don't know if Diesel Logic does the pumps for Uhaul as well, but they did the 6.9/7.3 injector remans for them. I'm biased to either a local stock-ish rebuild or an all out hot pump such as from DPS or through Agnem if you have a turbo truck and decent headgaskets. How much is DieselLogic and Hector quoting for a rebuild? Are you N/A or turbo?

sassyrel

Reaction score
I cant decide whether to go with hectorwithinjectors or dieselogic. Hwi is around 100 dollars cheaper and I have read a few posts from people who have been happy with both company's. Whadda you guys think?

many que to be asked,,but his is one of them.. why are those companys advertising nationwide??? cant get bus locally?? and when you deal with them,clear cross country,,well, warranty issues get real big..everyone knows mel,,so he aint a problem,,and he knows his builder VERY well..us older types, know of dps's past issues..whether hes cured them or not......................................................local diesel shops,,aint going to be trying to cheat nor steal from their customers,,as they rely on local bizzz..ive got one,,i deal with 1 1/2 hrs north of me..hes damn good,,and hes honest,,and fair cost... ive sent many people to him,,because the JERK 20 miles from me, is a dishonest :mad::mad::mad: and fort dodge aint any better,,they beat the dealer i bought my truck from,,out of the turbo inj pump....

Last edited:

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
$300 will buy you a rebuilt pump including shipping ...

I have a rebuilt Stanadyne in the box - never installed - $300 shipped.

Jim

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I'll see who my grandpa has rebuild his pumps. He is in mead county.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After lots of thought on the subject I decided to seek someone local. I found a guy not far from me and I'm sending my pump out to him in the morning. We'll see how it goes.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The U-haul pumps are good rebuilds. I've had two of them come in as cores for Moose Pumps. However, the last one that came in, the cold advance solenoid was bad in it. That's something that someone may not detect upon installation. Just sayin'.

artfd

Reaction score
the cold advance solenoid was bad in it. That's something that someone may not detect upon installation. Just sayin'.
Isn't that solenoid very easy to check before installation, just by jumpering it with 12VDC?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably isn't that big of a deal if it doesn't work, but it will run rough on cold startups. You can check it once it's installed, it's very easy with a timing meter, I don't know what 12V to it on a bench would do, I suppose that solenoid would be activated, but not sure how you would tell that it had activated with the pump not on the truck. On my pump it advances the timing about 1.5 degrees.

artfd

Reaction score
I don't know what 12V to it on a bench would do, I suppose that solenoid would be activated, but not sure how you would tell that it had activated with the pump not on the truck. On my pump it advances the timing about 1.5 degrees.
Bench testing on most automotive 12VDC solenoids should give an audible or palpable "click" indicated the internal relay's mechanism has made something move. Whether or not the timing has actually been advanced in an operating engine is another, although related, matter.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point being that the solenoid happens to be a very pricey item. If it were not for the generosity of others who have donated pump cores as parts, it would have added over $100 to the cost of the pump for this client. I continue to save people a lot of money all the time by using the parts that have been given to me, and passing them along at no extra cost.

tximport

Reaction score
I know I've seen your prices somewhere mel but would you care to share what you've got here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online