getting it staright in my head

briang

Reaction score
hell to all
92 f350 7.3 cc everything stock 118,000 miles

i live in upstate ny
if it were say 60deg in the morning then heated up during the day, would it be ok to run 50 % wvo and 50 % diesel in my truck without altering the trucks fuel system in anyway.
or say diesel in the front tank, then straight wvo in the rear (start and shut down on diesel, wvo when truck is warmed up)

or better to put a tank in the bed thats out in the sun to heat the wvo in summer months

I was thinking may - sept. when i use the truck most

or is this gonna destroy the injectors and gp and ip

im trying to get a lock on some used veggie oil, and would really like to try this

thanks to all

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you run for alternate fuel, other than diesel, make sure you filter it somehow.
If your gonna run this stuff, wvo, for a long time, 1yr or 2, you would most likely have to change some of the rubber fuel lines. You might end up with hoses leaking slowly. IP & injectors hard to say what might happen. From what I've read wvo is really corrosive to many things.

The switch over from front to back tank is tricky. When you flip the switch to change tanks all the fuel thats in the filter, the injectors, and return line is still your 50/50 mix. That 50/50 mix fuel now ends up in your tank that is supposed to be "clean".
I did a bunch of reading before I made any mods to my pickup. I have a tank in the bed behind the cab, a switch for the main fuel line and a switch for the return line, plus my stock switch for front to back tanks. I run waste motor oil, wmo and still have some issues with keeping it out of my "clean" fuel.
And last but not least it depends what a person can afford. The stuff to work with wvo is expensive because it's ******* most stock stuff in these types of pickups. I would keep reading, other peoples experiences are the least expensive for you.