Getting Injectors Tested

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be pulling my injectors later this week and taking them to International dealer that is close. They have a Fuel Shop, and can pop test, rebuild, etc.. I spoke with the guy today and he said he would test them for free. I also asked if they were worn out could he rebuild them, he said he could but would recommend new Delphi BB codes. Said he can get a set of 8 new for $250. I asked if he would pop test the new ones, he stated he never had tested new ones out of the box, but from my reading it is recommended to test the new ones as well right? I am assuming that if he will test my old for free, he will test the new for free since I spent $250. I don't have time to order from the guys on here but would love to if time allowed. I'm not changing the Injection Pump at this time, but may consider doing so in the near future. Will this hurt anything??

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, won't hurt anything. With age, wear and tear, injector spray patterns deteriorate and the pressure that pops them open declines as the internal springs weaken. Replacing worn injectors with a set of new matched ones will really help your engine recover some missing performance and fuel economy. The matching part is important - all injectors popping open at the same pressure ensures that the precise amount of fuel enters the cylinder at precisely the right time. Russ (Typ4) is one of the folks on this list that provide new matched set injectors. He takes the time to inspect and test each injector to ensure that they are absolutely spot-on and ready for service.

You're concerned about time. I think by the time your local shop rebuilds, tests and matches the pop-off pressure for each of your injectors, you would have time to send Russ your cores and get a new set in return. It's worth contacting him to find out. I have a set of his injectors and everyone on this list who's bought a set will tell you it's money (and time) well spent!