GETTIN MY TRUCK BACK TODAY FINALLY!!

sootman73

Reaction score
its been about 30 days and the truck has been finished! all new front suspension parts including new leaves! rears replaced also. new shocks all around, driveshaft replaced. its gonna be impecable after i get it back! and its gettin aligned so i dont have to correct its pull anymore! its killin me right now havin to wait til 4 o' clock this afternoon! nothin could bring my spirits down right now! can't wait to drive again! haven't driven a vehicle in a month. all walkin :(

sootman73

Reaction score
nothin more than what i had before. my aftermarket moonroof leaked like a seive! idk who put it in but it used to like funnel water right onto my head or my passenger. if it would get warm it would be sealed, after i sealed it shut water kept freezin and makin holes in it!-cuss

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're getting it back already. Try to choose a more suitable pair of trunks next time you take a dip.:D Hope everything as it's supposed to be and don't let them off the hook if they didn't do everything they were paid for correctly. I know what it's like to be too excited so take your time and do thorough inspection when you pick it up before leaving with it. It is not uncommon for shops to overlook something when they are repairing it.

sootman73

Reaction score
oh i'll def look it over as well as have them explain to me all the parts replaced and what repairs were made that weren't included on the estimate. im gonna have them write up a shop report also and email it to me next week. i wanna have their work in writing in case i have any issues.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice;Sweet i hope thay got everything right for you.

might want to get a snorkle next time:D had a buddy bend all his connecting rods on his mustang driving through a deep puddle in a storm:rolleyes: glad it wasent anything like that.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, so what happened with it. Did the insurance total it and you bought it back, or what?

sootman73

Reaction score
no they saw the $4400 estimate and decided it was still worth enough to fix so they fixed it. and now its finally done. i'll get a writeup to show you guys what all was done as im am curious to find the details. i though they would total it but nope!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good news. Here's hoping it's nicer than before! ;Sweet

sootman73

Reaction score
okay never mind. they haven't even gotten the front end disassembled! said they were puttin the front springs on when i called them yesterday. love the honesty! they have to replace still the front springs, control arm, and drag link. the axle points towards the driver side i guess. they said maybe sat but prob not til mon or tues. a little PO'd right now!!!!!!-cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss :backoff :backoff

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I hate it when a dealer does that. I've only had problems with one shop doing that, but dealers do it all the time. I had my eclipse in for a head gasket last November, I called in December and they said they had replaced the cam seals and timing belts and stuff and that I could probably come get it in another week... I called again on Jan 4 and no answer, so I went down there and it hadnt even had the timing cover off, much less everything replaced. AHHHH