Gearvendors Overdrive

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
SOLD!

I bought this thinking I cold get it to fit on Big Ed, and have double overdrive, but it wont work with my custom exhaust, and I am not willing to change it. I also have a buddy that was going to use it for his Cummins Bus project, but he is going a different direction,, so it is up for sale.

Nick picked this out of a Pick and Pull for me, I bough it from him and he packed it up and shipped it out. I really wanted it to fit, and am pretty bummed that it wont work,...

Divorced Gear Vendors Unit for sale, comes with the adjustable mounting box, wiring and control boxes. $1150.00 shipped.

Attachments

• gear vendors1.jpg
    gear vendors1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 66
  • gear vendors3.jpg
    gear vendors3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 58
  • gear vendors2.jpg
    gear vendors2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Does that fit the C6's?? My cousin is doin a cummins swap in his 88 Centurion that has a C6. Would you happen to have an adapter plate that fits the C6 or know where we can get one cheap?

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Does that fit the C6's?? My cousin is doin a cummins swap in his 88 Centurion that has a C6. Would you happen to have an adapter plate that fits the C6 or know where we can get one cheap?

It's a divorced unit. It'll fit behind almost anything you want it to with the right cross member and input driveshaft.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
you could buy that unit and remove the divorced adapter and find yourself a C6 adapter. Everything will bolt right up. Iv been in search for a couple months now for a NP271 adapter so im hanging onto my C6 adapter i have.

Good luck on the sale Darrin. Never seen a divorced unit in person before.

DragRag

Reaction score
I had a divorced unit, they work on anything as long as it has a carrier bearing in the middle of the drive shaft. Otherwise, buy a adapter for your trans and you are good also. You can always resell the adapter that's on it when you are done, I would think the divorced unit would sell pretty easily.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you,..looks like the others have answered your questions tho..

Like they said, You can remove the carrier bearing and this takes the place of that. With this unit you would not need an adapter, just cut your driveshafts with the correct u joints.

However if you did get an adapter, it will take the place of the tail shsaft on the C6.

I have one on my C6 truck,,..LOVE IT, I have had it for 10 years and it was on it when I got it. never had a prob with it.

Post up some pics of the Centurion Cummis, I for one would like to see that thing!

Thanks for the help on this guys!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 6bt and ran out of funds. But if a few of my parts sell soon I'd love to buy it from you. Did you happen to check the oil color in the unit?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Man if it was a 1356 setup I'd be all over it. I think its dumb what people around here want for an old model probably broken GV unit that doesn't have half the wiring. I always figured I'd wind up buying brand new. Then I'd know its a good unit, it'll have a warranty and instructions.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Man if it was a 1356 setup I'd be all over it. I think its dumb what people around here want for an old model probably broken GV unit that doesn't have half the wiring. I always figured I'd wind up buying brand new. Then I'd know its a good unit, it'll have a warranty and instructions.

Yup I hear, ya! It can get kinda frustrating, There is a guy on CL selling one that needs a rebuild and he wants $1250.00 for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online