GearVendors Overdrive with 7.3 C6 transmission, torque converter and output yoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All coupled together, came from a running and driving truck. I bought this to install in my bricknose but now it's for sale.

Pick up in Seattle or I can possibly deliver it to the greater Portland area.

$950 cash

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Dang I could use the GV, adapter cone, etc for my RV's 6.9/C6, but I won't be up there for at least 6 weeks, unless I haul ass to get up there to buy it. I'm already slowly making my way up to the Tacoma area to empty my storage unit. Does it have the controller and all too? I wouldn't need the transmission (no way to store/haul it after emptying storage) so you could keep and sell it separately. Maybe I'll just haul ass up there to get it and forget some of my planned sight seeing...

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a killer deal just for the GV. compared to the prices I see on CL etc...

I have the same exact one I pulled from PNP at the end of OCT out of a 89 7.3.
Now I need the trans adapter for the T-19 trans.
GV charges around $700 for the dang thing.

Great deal if you get it Cubey.

Goat

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Thats a killer deal just for the GV. compared to the prices I see on CL etc...

I have the same exact one I pulled from PNP at the end of OCT out of a 89 7.3.
Now I need the trans adapter for the T-19 trans.
GV charges around $700 for the dang thing.

Great deal if you get it Cubey.

Goat

Yeah I could really use it, even if fuel drops to $3 or less again. A 20-25% reduced fuel cost wouldn't take that long to recoup.

Dunno if they actually still have this available or not, but... it has the sleeve adapter too. They have a phone number at the top of the page.
https://transpartswarehouse.com/t19...-gear-vendors-adapter-w-sleeve-good-used.html

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen Transpartswearhouse before, located in Redding, Ca. They did have 2 or 3 listed last time I looked there.

HMMM...maybe a road trip up there? Might need a pass port or something to enter ****** land....
Might cost as much in fuel as the part.

Do some research, there is a deeper sump for the GV, think it adds another qt of ATF. Then as i read, they recommend to change the fluid every 5 - 6K miles.
here is their web site https://www.gearvendors.com/index.html

Here is a YT Vid I saved where the guy installed a Cummins in a chevy and the GV, pretty clean set up.
17 min video, shows how to shift it manually etc...
at the end show the under carriage how it is mounted.
Of course your van and auto trans will probably shift different. Think I read where you use a Head light dimmer switch on the floor to shift it.

Here is some info on installing it on a van. from genscriptor

Goat

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I have seen Transpartswearhouse before, located in Redding, Ca. They did have 2 or 3 listed last time I looked there.

HMMM...maybe a road trip up there? Might need a pass port or something to enter ****** land....

Well it's free shipping so you wouldn't have to go anywhere.

A passport for... what? I have entered California twice in the past week. I ran into the usual ag inspection station on US-95 but that's it. Nothing on CA-190.

Yes the hi/low headlight switch is on the floor. That was common on vans. I had a 78 Dodge 1 ton van the same way.

Last edited:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I see fron genscript's site that you can make reverse safety lockout with a relay, and a manual toggle switch, so the controller can be done without. So I'd probably still get it even if it lacks the controller. Biggest extra cost will be shortening the driveshaft. 176" WB.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be an excellent addition to your rig and a perfect fit with all of the traveling you do annually.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That would be an excellent addition to your rig and a perfect fit with all of the traveling you do annually.

I'll probably have to spend another $2000-$2500 to have it put in, so it might be a little while before I get around to it. Reason being, I might as well have the original C6 rebuilt (~$1500) while it's in the shop for having the driveshaft shortened. If I was going on my F250 with a rebuilt trans, I'd only have to worry about the driveshaft, but I'm planning on selling it eventually since I never use it, nor do I expect that I will much ever again. That or just have a shop install the GV and shorten the driveshaft and leave the 37 year old C6 as-is but after the GV install labor, I doubt it'll save much vs having the C6 rebuilt.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With current inflated fuel prices and the only potential "light at the end of the tunnel" at least two years away, you're likely looking at +$5.00 fuel for some time. Financially it's probably a good move.

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All coupled together, came from a running and driving truck. I bought this to install in my bricknose but now it's for sale.

Pick up in Seattle or I can possibly deliver it to the greater Portland area.

$950 cash

Thanks
I'll buy it right now. It's about 7 PM, I can't leave here until about 7:30 but could be at your location in about an hour and a half depending upon you specific location or meet you somewhere in Tukwila or along MV highway, or do it tomorrow if that's more convenient.
I left a message for you at your profile with a number to call or send a text to make contact.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I'll buy it right now. It's about 7 PM, I can't leave here until about 7:30 but could be at your location in about an hour and a half depending upon you specific location or meet you somewhere in Tukwila or along MV highway, or do it tomorrow if that's more convenient.
I left a message for you at your profile with a number to call or send a text to make contact.

You must be registered for see images attach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online