~~~~!!!!!Gauging interest!!!!!~~~~

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, the DHRA is trying to gauge intrest from the IDI crowd on adding an IDI class to thier events. Theyve come here because they know this is where the real IDI guys hang at. ;Sweet

With that said, they need enough intrest from you'ns to add the class.

What is the interest level? Take a look at the DHRA site and see where the bulk of the events are held (IN, OH, MO,TX etc) and see if it is something you guys might want to participate in.:thumbsup:

Reply here and I'll see to it that DHRA gets the results.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd be interesting, but I'm just plain grateful mime runs everyday. Having run a car at a NHRA track for years, I don't think my truck will pass a tech inspection. It's a little different from a DOT inspection. Best thing to do is for them to post the tech rules and have the rabble rousers here do a gut check to see if they will pass that first before thinking of getting competitive.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
What Calvin said. I would venture to guess, most won't pass such an inspection and many of the guys may or may not know what kind of things they look for. I ran street class for years, it's anything but street when it's inspection time! :)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to DRHA, the rule book is for sale on the site for $7.00. I'm guessing in the rust bucket class (most of y'all are well under 400 hp and would run in the high teens) that the safety guidlines arent to stiff.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep, that would be mine, but I CAN dump a load of gravel while doing it!!! :)

HAHAHAAH LOL! :rotflmao

I would do it, but only on a time to time basis, as Im like calvin, Im grateful mine even run. Plus I've ran a car or two in an NHRA sanctioned event and it makes my gut twist running one of my cars that hard, much less one of my trucks. lol

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
HAHAHAAH LOL! :rotflmao

I would do it, but only on a time to time basis, as Im like calvin, Im grateful mine even run. Plus I've ran a car or two in an NHRA sanctioned event and it makes my gut twist running one of my cars that hard, much less one of my trucks. lol

I was driving someone else's car, so it didn't bother me a bit!!! Except for that time on my lid in a Big Block Vega, wasn't fun when the car bit back!!!

I would be interested to go watch, but I don't think my truck would be a candidate for a pass, would take up all evening. Mike if they do decide to run a class, can you let us know so I can go to their site and check for events close?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id do it!id be the only car carrier running down the track!lets see stock HP+9200LBs=25 seconds :rotflmao :rotflmao better hope nobodies car is up for repo cuz if i have the orders ill show you how to make a loaded carrier run 8 seconds to get out of the track and collect my money.:D :eek:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Wow... we should feel proud to have them contact us - that means this site is on the map so to speak and it's because of you hard core IDI'ers ;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have a class that already fits the IDI.... ET Bracket, run what you brung with a handicap. "All normal DHRA technical and safety requirements apply, based on ET"

Consistancy reigns in bracket racing and a bone stock IDI backed with a C6 automatic and a driver that was consistant in the launches would be a tough contender.

My favorite rule.........

"If the smoke from your exhaust is so thick that it blacks-out (interferes with the normal, proper operation of) the staging beams in either lane, you will be disqualified.":rotflmao

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I would be down with that all... itd be nice to compete against other IDI's.... as mentioned you can do the ET Bracket runs but its in mixed company.........Im all for it!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do have a class that already fits the IDI.... ET Bracket, run what you brung with a handicap. "All normal DHRA technical and safety requirements apply, based on ET"

Consistancy reigns in bracket racing and a bone stock IDI backed with a C6 automatic and a driver that was consistant in the launches would be a tough contender.

My favorite rule.........

"If the smoke from your exhaust is so thick that it blacks-out (interferes with the normal, proper operation of) the staging beams in either lane, you will be disqualified.":rotflmao
that's how the stackboys are able to justify putting in stacks.:dunnocookoo if there is room for the standard mods, we'd be ok. if they hold tight to the "pure stock" classification...we're dead. pure stock is pure stock. no mods whatsoever. so if you are going to run a turbo, IC, nitros, propane, ****.....that would be in super stock or street modified. We will get our ***** handed to us by the PSDs and the goat jockeys.
Proposedly.....
There is a mechanically injected class. No limit on the mods, as long as the block and heads are stock. Why? the physical constraints of the stock head/s and blocks would limit the max boost and hp. That would slow down the craziness. All safety rules for pure stock apply unless you break out of 11.99 or faster. That would make the class interesting and competitive. If we were to follow current rules, there'd be a bunch of non-turbo'd trucks ambling down the track:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86