Gas Gauge Not Working

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure as hell wouldn't buy that one for the price. The one on ebay for $49.47 is just as good. Both may mount horizontal instead of vertical. Azone, Advanced or O'reilly stock them for around $57, but you have to get the new 6 pole pig tail connector for either one. Connector is $11. IIRC. OEM connector is a 5 pole.

i have bought this. and ive installed it within 30 minutes.
no pig tail to solder and shrink wrap.
no wires to get crossed up.
simply plug in.
now for the real reason i purchased this item.
I WILL NOT USE SUB PAR FUEL CONNECTORS FOR MY FUEL LINE.
rubber hose and hose clamps degrade and are a source of air intrusion.
you have to either re-do your entire fuel system,
or you have to get the special unions to go from the nylon to rubber.

the 90 i did this on was super clean, and i got it super cheap.
spending 300 on this item, which was known to be bad, saved me alot of headaches.

or you can do mechanical ball valves, either way, without that part i posted, you will be modifying stuff.
just my $296.21 worth.
if youre gonna be jewish, put your damn ya mica on :D

6.9_Idi

6.9idi Owner
Reaction score
I would rather spend money on quality then quantity. Based on the problems I am having is the FSV the part that is for sure bad? Like I said I will happily spend $300 on a quality part but if it turns out that the part was never broken in the first place I will be angered.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta pull your senders and see what you've got. Like I posted before, make sure your floats aren't full of fuel. If so, replace the floats. Test the senders while they are out of the tanks. Leave the plug on the sender, move the float arm and see if it's movement corresponds to what your gauge is reading. If the gauge is not following the movement of the float arm, your board on the sender you're testing is bad. Flip the tank switch in the cab and test the other sender the same way.

On my crew cab truck, no gauge reading from either tank. Pulled the senders and found both floats were full of diesel. However, the front sender worked great. The rear sender had a few "dead spots" on the board, so I replaced it with a new sending unit. Well, I added a 38 gallon rear tank while I had the old 19 gallon out and modified the new sender to reach the bottom of the bigger tank.

Don't by an FSV without testing your senders.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle