Fuse panel

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference(s) between a fuse panel in a '90 and a '95?? Im having some really oddball electrical issues now.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One is setup for a power stroke...one is not....one has wires setup for a power stroke....one does not....simple nuff?

Best bet...get a wiring diagram of both trucks...shop manuals are your friend here!

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a diagram for a 90' idi truck, idk if this will be of any use to you but here it is.
Dont pay any attention to the highlighted.

Attachments

• wiring diagram.jpg
    wiring diagram.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 28

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crapoly...lookin at that is kinda like me tryin to read a shop manual in portugese...

Basically my issue is that the #3 fuse that is labeled as 'not used' was the answer to my no go pedal issue. I put the fuse back in and everythings ok. Now whats happening is if I shut the truck off and then go to restart it, I have to pull that same fuse and then push it back in to get my throttle response to work. If I dont, then it will just idle like it was before I got it workin today...

It must be resetting something, but Im not really sure why or how, and I dunno if this is doing any kinda electrical damage or if its gonna cause problems in the near future?

John Deere

Reaction score
You still have idle position switch bypassed right? If so that is why you have to break the circuit by pulling that fuse and reinstalling it. Remember me explaining that if the pcm doesn't have that idle switch opening and closing (or visaversa) it won't come up off idle? In short to make this work right, you need to hook that switch back up, or replace it if its bad.

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....I will try that in the mornin and see what happens. Damn...why didnt I think of that before...I mist be gettin prematurely old...

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
If this IDI diagram looks scary, cbarm, take a peek at newer wiring diagrams. Portuguese X10 (and I'm part Portuguese!!!) LOL

That 2011 Freightliner bobtail I've been driving lately must have a wiring loom like an old telephone switchroom...... ;Really