funny fuel leak

91f250hyper

Reaction score
I have a fuel leak that looks like it is coming out of the block right above the driverside exhaust manifold clamp. is this a sign of cavatation or some thing else that i cant see. i cant see it very good because by the time i start the truck jump out and crawl under the fuel is leaking onto the exhaust and making to much smoke to get a good look but it looks like it is coming from right there. any help appriciated.

bryand

Reaction score
try looking from the top it may be the return line to the tank. I had a similar leak. ther is a tee back there behind the last inj. on the drivers side. hope this helps bryan

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Fuel leaks are a devil to sometimes pinpoint as diesel is quite thin viscocity wise and hot fuel is worse!

Not sure on aftermarket turbo engines but there is a crossover return line that connects the right bank to the left wher it joins the return to the tank.

Most of the systems I have seen/assisted in replacment have a chafing sleeve slid over the cross over line.
Are all the return caps on top the inj nozzles and surrounding areas dry?

How about looking at the bottom of the inj pump where the "spyder" of lines connects to the back of the pump and look at the lever on the lower drivers side of the inj pump---the advance lever---
the fuel will pool and travel down the valley pan and give the apperance of leaking from where the head meets the block.

It is physically impossible to have a minor fuel leak at that area ---block to head--so you need to look to the physical injection realted areas on top of the eng ;Sweet

Outside chance you have a cracked fuel line -metal line/seat/nut-- especially if there are no metal clamps with rubber isolaters ----these are very nessecary!