full gasket set decision

dulcevendetta

Reaction score
So i need a full gasket set for my 7.3 idi and have been looking at a couple kits from victor reinz and sealed power, does anyone know what set is more complete? I want to get the valve stem seals and oil cooler orings included in the kit if possible.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't found any of the kits to come with the cooler rings, Ford or International only for those. The kits I've seen and used didn't come with the LONG umbrella exhaust valve seals, only the short ones so you had to order them seperate. The Felpro did come with the posilocks intake seals though. Felpro kit I've found the most complete and cheapest at most chain autoparts stores. Don't want to sound opinionated but I'm on my 3rd felpro on the passenger side and the Victor is still holding in there on the driver side. I am running studs and pushing a bit over 15 psi boost though (gauge only goes to 15).

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Last time I got a reinz lower set it came with the cooler orings and gaskets I think most full lower sets do, even the el cheapo felpros do. and the head set came with the valve stem seals and I've never seen a head set that didn't.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry mis-read I can only say on the head sets, not full set. The Felpro headset comes with short exhaust valve seals but they offer seperately long umbrella seals which is what I install.

The corteco set I got had cooler rings in it. And they have a state of the art updated head gasket.

Call Matt here.. http://www.hublersengines.com/

Tell him Russ Repair sent you.

Wish I had that info a month ago! You have a shortcut, I don't see them listed?

Last edited: