fuel tank upgrade

David94IDIT

Reaction score
Will a newer fuel tank from an f350 fit my 1994 f350? Has anyone attempted. There is a brand new tank for $85.00. What capacity are these?
This is from the CL add:

Ford 350 Super Duty Fuel Tank (From a diesel 4 door 4x4) Factory tank, new condition 0 miles. $85 Pictures were included in the add.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to do that and the one I looked at was a no go, huge step up in the bed area.

I looked at that ad, it wont fit easy.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I got a 45 gallon one from aerotanks - in retrospect I would have saved myself some $$ and just gotten the 35 gallon one that sells everywhere for about $150.00 less...

the one I got looks like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

their model 1028B

There is also alot of space between the rear axle and the front of the bed on the inside of my frame rail where the front tank currently sits. If I ever get crazy I'm going to find someone to fab me up something to take up that whole area - should be good for 50-60 gallons. That and I'd figure out a way to mount it so it would be easy to get up there and drop...

Anyone know how to figure out volume based on square dimensions? I was asleep that day in whatever math class that was :)

Last edited:

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I think it was a Bronco that has a ~35 gallon tank... available for under $100 easy. I will try to stuff one of those instead of one of my tanks later on.

trj

MPG
Reaction score
Anyone know how to figure out volume based on square dimensions? I was asleep that day in whatever math class that was :)[/QUOTE]

231 cubic inches = one gallon

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Anyone know how to figure out volume based on square dimensions? I was asleep that day in whatever math class that was :)

231 cubic inches = one gallon[/QUOTE]

that is awesome I have a 1.9 Gallon engine :D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also alot of space between the rear axle and the front of the bed on the inside of my frame rail where the front tank currently sits. If I ever get crazy I'm going to find someone to fab me up something to take up that whole area - should be good for 50-60 gallons. That and I'd figure out a way to mount it so it would be easy to get up there and drop...
The fullsize Ford cars from 1979 to 2002 use a 19-gallon tank that lives between the frame rails right behind the rear axle - want me to go crawl under mine in the garage and measure it up for ya tomorrow?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Not for me, I have a 16 gallon front tank - I'm just dreaming about having a large front tank.

The fullsize Ford cars from 1979 to 2002 use a 19-gallon tank that lives between the frame rails right behind the rear axle - want me to go crawl under mine in the garage and measure it up for ya tomorrow?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not for me, I have a 16 gallon front tank - I'm just dreaming about having a large front tank.

mankypro,

Something you may want to look into, my Dad has a 94 E-150. It has a tank that is "front mounted" and has a capasity of something like 35-40 gallons. It has been a while since it was up there but it mounts in a similar position to a factory front tank. Also, on the rears my Ex has a 44 gallon rear tank. Not sure if one of those would fit in the rear of an older truck...... just a thought.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You could just get you one of these critters. Get you about 1500+ miles in between fillupswhen towing heavy :D;Sweet
I got tired of those rediculously small factory tanks. Basically when towing heavy, 100 miles usable on the first one and once you've flipped it's time to start looking for fuel cookoo Adds an extra half a day or more to every trip.

Attachments

• Fuel Tank.jpg
    Fuel Tank.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 12

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I have a 45 rear, a 16 front and a 100 in the bed that gets me a one way trip with some to spare. With a 50 gallon front I could round trip and not have to fillup :)

sassyrel

Reaction score
You could just get you one of these critters. Get you about 1500+ miles in between fillupswhen towing heavy :D;Sweet
I got tired of those rediculously small factory tanks. Basically when towing heavy, 100 miles usable on the first one and once you've flipped it's time to start looking for fuel cookoo Adds an extra half a day or more to every trip.

i used a 160 gallon one for my truck--and coated it with 1 inch of spray foam--now im going to add the heater lines to the top that were already there--so my wmo is heated--and wrap the lines forward--year round use!!

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
I've heard about the bronco tanks working before, but im not sure how easy they fit. i hope they work good because i would like to do that rather than getting a $200 big rear tank.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about just getting another front tank from a truck at a junk yard and mount it opposite your existing front tank? Granted you would have to get creative with the plumbing/filler. When using larger aft tanks, you lose the spare tire - right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online