Fuel Tank question

chicken bones

Docker
Reaction score
I,am in the process of restoring my truck. I have the box off , i have pianted the frame and have the aft fuel tank back in . I want to leave the forward tank out to do brake line and body mounts. My front window is leaking and I want to know if the Truck will run with just the aft tank .so i can get it fixed, of course I have the fuel selector on the aft Tank , but was wondering if the fuel tank return line to the forward tank would leak or would I get air intrusion from open fuel lines ? Thanks.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
You would only get air intrusion from those lines if you switch over to the front tank (because it ain't there)

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As long as your selector valve is working right, it won't leak anything. It's that same thing as running off of your rear tank with the front one still in the truck.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're worried about open lines, plug them off a bolt and clamp in a hose for the unused lines. That will also keep the inside of the lines clean.
Keeping the inside of the lines clean is a good point!

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running on the rear tank for years. Think I plugged the lines to the front tank with a bolt shoved in the hose and clamped. Only problem is when someone hits the tank switch lol

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Been running on the rear tank for years. Think I plugged the lines to the front tank with a bolt shoved in the hose and clamped. Only problem is when someone hits the tank switch lol

You can use the blue clip on splicers and a jumper wire to force the tank sending unit to the gauge and pull the FSV by just bypassing it with straight hoses. I had mine that way for a while until I replaced the FSV. I had it connected to the wrong tank at first so i redid it on the right sending unit, hence there being three. The new FSV has a different connector so the original pictured got chopped off.

For clarity:
first two (brown, orange)=switch in cab
third (olive green?)= front tank
forth (yellow)=gauge
fifth (light green) = rear tank

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member