fuel sender, smoked GP wiring, testing GPs, cavitation, oil pressure gauge=idiot lite

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
fuel sender, smoked GP wiring, testing GPs, cavitation, oil pressure gauge=idiot lite, bypassing or manual GPs (and function of stock controller), changing overall gear ratio, dim headlights, heater blower works only on high, can't suck below 1/4 tank, fuel pumps and so forth.

I just responded to (another) fuel sender thread. And it occurred to me that we should have a place (maybe in the tech forum) for these common problems and the creative solutions that forum members have come up with to fix them. For example, I was unaware that a JC Whitney universal sender could be adapted to replace a failed stock fuel sender (maybe it can't do a very good job, there was no info on resistance change thru full range of float deflection). So some tech article that contain the problem description, affected years and models, troubleshooting techniques, and proven solutions together with parts sources might be of use to us all.

What say you? How do we do this?

Regards,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online