Fuel pressure gauge

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds right, I checked mine against a mechanical and it was right on. I'm getting 6 or 7 psi, but I have a facet duralift electric pump.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
IIRC, the DB2 pumps are calibrated at 4 - 5 psi. If you are holding 4 psi at max load, that's great!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's the worst I was able to get on the way home. If I floored it in third gear and got the rpms up around 2600 ish the fuel pressure would go down to just about 3 1/4 psi which I guess makes sense when the ip is really eating up the fuel but it would level out again once I was cruising right at 4. Maybe even 4 1/2 at idle.

I must say, after all the stuff I've done this summer it's a lot of weight off my mind trusting the thing. For one having working freezing cold ac is great, but having 8 working glow plugs so I can start the damn thing has been awesome. Getting all of these gauges though to know I have good oil pressure, know my engine is running cool enough and not overheating, now knowing I have good fuel pressure from the lift pump to the ip.. And seeing that my ip hasn't minded 90+ degree re starts in the heat. Wish I would have done all of this stuff the week I picked the truck up.

Also.. Found some aux reverse lights for under the bed the other day.. They might be bright.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pictures all upside down....... Cool.....

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but why would you ever let your fuel pressure get that low?

I'll yield that point to you... letting it get to the minimum operating pressure wouldn't be smart at all, and you'd have to ignore a significant problem(s) for a while for that to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online