Real oil pressure gauge

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm tired of the idiot gauge for the oil pressure in my truck and was searching around on here for an article on what sender and gauge any of you guys wired up. I'd like to have an electronic one if at all possible to not have oil running into the cab in one of those copper or god forbid nylon lines. Maybe I just missed it and didn't search for it right, but if not what did you guys use?

My oil pressure gauge, and I know as long as it's on it just means there is at least 7psi, but mine is effected by the dumbest stuff. Fuel selector in front tank, oil gauge on "O" in normal. Wipers on goes up higher. Headlights on goes back down. Just useless.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any quality brand name unit
Autometet Stewart Warner Ispro VDO etc all should do well

Me

Autometer...mechanical With isolator!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the sender for the factory gauge and just get rid of it or drill a new spot somewhere and put the sender there?

My grandfather put one on the 150 and put a T into the factory gauge sender spot and then ran a mechanical line into the cab, but I'm not the biggest fan of running oil into the cab either.

Robt.Webster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced the switch and modified the in-cab display accordingly to turn it into a true oil pressure guage? Should be doable, but might be more trouble than it's worth, but would make aa nice, clean installation.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
People have modified the dash to have a more "real" oil pressure gage but it is still more of an indicator.

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/FordOilPressureGaugeFix.htm

I would highly recommend an aftermarket gage. They give you solid numbers and most are available with an isolator so no oil gets in the cab.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im running the autometers in both my trucks too.i lack my pc nerd powers on this laptop lol so i can't zip around as well on it,but if you wanna dig,you can look up my log truck thread and in there i think i posted pics of the gauges.
at any rate though,no you don't use the factory sender.it's very simple.that is if you don't care if the dummy gauge no longer acts like a dummy but just dead instead lol.
the gauge comes with it's own sending unit.iirc you need a bushing/nipple.-might be in the thread too.
and you just unscrew and toss the old sending unit,and then screw in the new supplied one.
if you wanted the dummy to still act like a dummy (i don't get why,it's just a useless eye distraction imo) then you could put a T in here i guess and connect both.
it's pretty simple.

oh.actually;
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...ot-Log-Truck-quot-(new-to-me-truck-pic-heavy)

i'll let you dig though.the internet speed here wont like all those pics lol.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Westach, I got 'em for the dual 2" gauges. Electric instead of mechanical is a nice bonus.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I ran Autometer electrical for oil pressure, water temp, trans temp and volts; Isspro for pyro and boost. Oil was tee'd.

Water, oil and volts was pod mounted top of dash in that order starting driver side. Rest pillar mounted with pyro on top, trans in the middle and boost on the bottom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle