fuel pump

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what psi you setting them at and mounting locations? i keep seeing others run the low psi pumps and it seems they supply just enough fuel but kinda on the edge.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 psi is where I would set it, on the frame in front of the selector valve there’s some space. The one I saw in person he had it mounted on the outside of the frame to make filter changes easier

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have no batteries in the engine compartment so was kinda thinking in that area. guess ill order one and get started so i can start driving again.

what are y'all using for a block off plate?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BBC block off plate, grind off a bit off the top to clear the rise in the casting, i believe these are pusher pumps so you need them mounted low as possible

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a specific bbc plate that fits without modification. Watch and make sure it sets flat. The block casting can get I. The way and it will never seal if you get the wrong one.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I have an older FASS setup that was originally for a first gen dodge. I've been struggling with it loosing it's prime, but other than that it works well. I got this one cheap so thats why I have a FASS. If I was to do it again I would have either went with an Airdog for a duramax and adjusted the pressure down, or gone with a superduty pump and installed a bypass regulator to keep pressure down. Just curious, are you still running 2 tanks? If so I was told the selector valve was too restrictive for a FASS or Airdog, but the superduty pump is fine to use with the selector. I don't have any experience with the raptor pumps, maybe they are fine to use with the selector valve. Take a look at what the obs guys are using.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tjsea do you have a check valve in your system?
There is one in the pump itself and it was replaced when the motor seal was leaking. The seal was leaking from sitting many years before being installed on a truck. I sent the motor out to FASS and they resealed it for me.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul yep, and totally randomly too. Sometimes it won't do it for a week and the next time it will after having it shut off to fill it with fuel. I'm thinking it might be my adapter fitting I'm using at the fuel sending unit. A friend said he had some issues with the quick connect Russell fittings with the plastic clip before. He switched to the thread in Russell adapter fittings and it's since been fine. I just haven't had a chance to pull it all apart and check what's leaking yet. Other than that the FASS lift pump works well, just not as easy to adjust pressure as the newer Airdogs. It's a bit of a pain playing with springs and fittings to get the right combo for a certain pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online