fuel heater O ring

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've heard mention about the fuel heater oring on the filter head being a potential air leak point. Is there anything special about that oring or is it a regular oring? I tried to get one from Direct ford parts by part number and they don't show the thing.

Thanks------Robert

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
o-ring should be an o-ring. Either get a Viton or Buna o-ring - both of these are rated for diesel fuel.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Pretty sure the only place I've had luck getting a fuel heater o-ring was from IH.

Ford wanted to sell the entire heater assembly and then you get the o-ring.cookoo

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Pretty sure the only place I've had luck getting a fuel heater o-ring was from IH.

Ford wanted to sell the entire heater assembly and then you get the o-ring.cookoo

THat's pretty much the story I'm getting, even though I provided them with the ford part number for just the Oring from Dieselmanns website cookoo

as long as it's just a regular oring, no problem.

Thanks

1991 F350 Crew

Reaction score
Glad I can finally be of some help to someone on here. This was the first thing I had to fix when I got my truck, mine was leaking a little. The o ring isn't really a real o ring, it is more squared off if you can picture what I'm saying. I ended up taking mine off and bringing it to a place down the road that makes hoses they were able to match one up for me. I'm looking at the old dry rotted one as we speak.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I used an o-ring out of one of my kits, fit nice and tight, no leaks. And since it was in my kit , it's a common size. I can't remember which size it was, so take yours apart and bring it with you to the store.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The local Napa's here can make you one up as well. Ours have both the square and round stock (or at least did when I needed one).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle