Fuel filter kit

HighKoot

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've never really had to post anything here but since my thread searches have come up empty here it is. I'm about to change my fuel filter and usually go with a Donaldson P553375. I was thinking of ditching the 2 piece filter and going for a Wix 33617 with the sensor port. After a bit of googling I found out Donaldson makes a similar product to the stock design (P559109). It shows as a "Fuel Filter Kit" as it comes with the filter, clear twist & drain bowl as well as the sensor port...I think.

I was wondering if anyone had ever considered using this instead of the Wix/Napa one piece? Their application lists the Navistar 7.3.

https://catalog.donaldson.com/productDetail/en/A/P559109?productId=68616&skuId=s93644

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what the donaldson filter kit looks like. But you can buy a filter like this that has just the drain on it, no bottom piece required from the parts stores.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can also buy them with just a smooth bottom with no drain like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks nice but I'm curious if it'll be short enough. Looks like it'll be about 7-8" tall from what I gleaned on their website.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Even if it does work, some people, me included, switch to the one piece filter to do away with the filter bowl and the potential fuel/air leaks associated with them.