Fuel filter housing leak

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
94 F350 7.3 IDI
There is a wire going into the top of the fuel filter housing and I have air and diesel bubbles around it. What holds this wire on and how do I get it off. I don't want to break anything.....yet. If the housing is cracked is there a better setup than stock?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That wire on top of the filter housing is the fuel heater. There is an o-ring that seals it up. They get hardened and then you see leaks. International sells them cheaper than Ford. Do a search for heater o-rings. I just did mine and posted the part number but can't recall what it was. I do remember the international parts idiot couldn't figure out what I wanted even when I gave him the part number. All he wanted from me was the vin numbers... Seems thats alll they sak for these days and the vin number on a Ford pickup wont help them find anything.... The filter needs to be removed. Then remove the large filter fitting. Then push out the electrical fitting from the top down and everything pops out the bottom of the filter head. Install the o-ring with some grease so it slides back together easier and your done...

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
Found the Part number in the other thread.
Heater O-Ring
International 1811053C1

Thanks again

vmax3_2001

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I thought I would need to get a whole new filter head but an O-ring is a pretty simple fix, and a lot cheaper. Thanks also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle