FS: used turbo and 6.9 engine parts

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i have a used Hypermax turbo with pipes, brackets and Hypermax boost/pyro guage. i could probably even find the installation instructions. i'd like to get $800 out of it, i paid more.

also have a 6.9 short block and heads, all rebuildable. the heads have over 250K on them but were fine when i pulled them off my truck, but i replaced them with rebuilt heads when i replaced my head gaskets. the short block is left over from Cops truck. i was the last one to drive that 6.9, all that was wrong with it was a broken rocker arm. but i pulled the heads off anyway and had then redone for my current truck. block # is a later one with the reinforced block heater area.

i'd take $500 for the block and heads.

buyer pays shipping.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, You did a great job refurbishing your original mill, with head studs and all, but I'm curious why not turbo it?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Mel, the old girl has been letting me down lately. i'm frustrated but i won't let myself sell the truck. however i have been hanging on to these spare parts long enough. the truck is "resting" now for the time being, until i can give it some attention. locked brake caliper (for the third time), second failed wiper motor (or something causing lack of wiping action), coolant steam inside cab (again) are the 3 main problems, along with a missing fuel tank that i have yet to repair/replace. let's just say 20 years and 300+K miles have caught up to it. this coupled with the rust issue -cuss , i have decided not to turbo this truck.

i have too much else going on to monkey with the truck right now but i'm too attached to it to unload it. if i ever get another diesel truck, it will likely have a turbo on it already.

as you said, my 6.9 is pretty healthy as of now, so i can afford to unload some of the dead weight laying around here. i could use the cash.

right now my '77 is the most reliable truck in my fleet of clunkers.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, I can help you with the fuel tank and wiper motor. I have both if you want them they are yours.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
69oiler said:
i have a used Hypermax turbo with pipes, brackets and Hypermax boost/pyro guage. i could probably even find the installation instructions. i'd like to get $800 out of it, i paid more.

buyer pays shipping.

Rob, check your pm's

:D

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the tank in question if the front tank. Napa has them for around $100. i think i'll probably just spring for the new one. thanks though. :)

the wiper motor, i'm not sure that's the problem yet. but the quick test i performed blew the 15 amp fuse i had in the line so i'm guessing the motor is shot. it's only a year or 2 old but i dont remember where i got it.

i bought a new reman caliper from Ford. it comes with a 1 year warranty. i have already replaced the brake hoses and the master cylinder and this problem keeps coming back. it's shredding that tire and burning out the pads.

i have replied to all *** regarding the turbo. engine parts are still up for grabs.

Rob

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, those dual piston calipers can hang up if the slides are no longer square. I know those kinds of problems can be frustrating. It's so simple, yet infuriating. :rolleyes:

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
I second mel about the caliper. I had three in a row lockup, third one a new (not reman). I didn't actually measure the slides, but I filed and smoothed them and installed a new keeper. And lubed it well ;Sweet
James

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
69oiler said:
the tank in question if the front tank. Napa has them for around $100. i think i'll probably just spring for the new one. thanks though. :)

Rob

I keep thinking that the refrence to napa is me LOL oh well...I guess I only need one turbo...for now :draw :Sly

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Still have the turbo kit for sale? My cousin would be VERY interested with $$ in hand! We also have a reputable turbo & inj. pump shop in the area so a rebuild probably wouldn't be to hard to accomplish.

Please let me know. Thanks